Say “goodbye” to both cataracts and astigmatism at the same time. Say “hello” to a clear tomorrow! Here at Central Valley Medical Group, we provide a variety of Intraocular Lens (IOLs) to help people suffering from cataracts and astigmatism.
Intraocular Lens for Astigmatism
Astigmatism occurs when the cornea is shaped like a football (more curved in one direction than the other). This causes light to focus in more than one point on the retina and thus results in blurry, distorted vision. Traditionally patients receive a monofocal IOL that generally provides good distance vision without glasses or contacts. However, many patients that also have astigmatism will still experience blurry distance vision because standard IOLs do not correct astigmatism. Corrective eye ware or additional surgery is needed to reduce blurring and distortion caused by astigmatism.Today, patients with astigmatism who want freedom from glasses for distance vision after cataract surgery can choose to have the AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL.
What is AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL?
The AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL not only clears vision after cataract removal, it can reduce or eliminate the blurring and distortion caused by astigmatism. The AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL has a unique “aspheric” surface that proves to eliminate much of the night vision distortions that people experience with standard IOLs .
Success of AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL
- In clinical trials 94% of patients implanted achieved uncorrected distance visual acuity of 20/40 or better.
- The AcrySof® IQ IOL provides improved functional vision in challenging, low-visibility environments.
- The AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL is made of the same highly-biocompatible material as Alcon’s market-leading AcrySof family of intraocular lenses, which have been implanted in more than 21 million human eyes since 1991.
IOLs for Cataracts
For most cataract patients, life without reading glasses or bifocals is something they either experienced before presbyopia or they just dreamed about for most of their lives. But today, The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL is turning those dreams into reality with its revolutionary lens technology, which allows patients to see clearly at all distances, day or night, without bifocals or reading glasses. The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL is now available and delivers a high level of glasses-free vision.
What is AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL?
The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL is a second generation multifocal lens that provides excellent near to distant vision and greatly reduces their reliance on reading glasses or bifocals. The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL is an artificial lens for cataract surgery patients with and without presbyopia.
Presbyopia occurs when the natural lens inside the eye loses its ability to change shape and eventually affects everyone, including those who are nearsighted, farsighted, have cataracts, or had perfect vision most of their life.
The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL also has an “aspheric” surface. It has proven to eliminate much of the night vision distortions and loss of contrast that can be experienced with standard IOLs.
Success of AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL
- During clinical trials for the AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® Multifocal IOL, over 95 percent of patients who received said that would have this lens implanted again.
- This unique IOL results in highly-predictable visual results, meaning patients can read prescription bottles, magazines, newspapers and computer screens, while also seeing items at a distance without reading glasses or bifocals. In fact, in clinical trials, 3 out of 4 patients receiving the AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® in both eyes reported never wearing glasses after cataract surgery.
- The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® is made of the same highly-biocompatible material as Alcon’s market-leading AcrySof family of intraocular lenses, which have been implanted in more than 21 million human eyes since 1991.
- AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® uses a combination of three complementary technologies: apodization, diffraction and refraction. Its unique design provides the ability to focus light correctly and automatically on the retina for images at various distances without mechanical movement of the lens. Other lenses require this to provide a full range of vision. With the addition of an advanced aspheric optic, the AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® IOL offers better image quality than ever before.
Schedule A Consultation
For more information on the IOLs we offer at Central Valley Eye Medical group, contact our Stockton office. You may call 1-800-244-9907 to make an appointment or request additional information to learn more.